1. Main Menu
  2. >>
  3. Fantasy Fiction
  4. >>
  5. Lamda & Maggie



Lamda & Maggie



"Lamda!" yells Maggie, "I knew I'd find you frolicking in the forbidden forest this Friday."
"Oh no, the good sorceress Maggie!" Calls out Lamda, "I didn't break any laws. Why are you harassing me?"
"Because Lamda! You're carrying a secret potion in your satchel that I need in order to cast an evil spell on the Papoose apprentice that turned me from a good sorceress to a bad witch," explains the sorceress.
"A Papoose apprentice did this to you?" Replies Lambda, "why that's just terrible."
"Yes, so I need your potion to exact my revenge," the sorceress explains.
"But I have another potion that can reverse the spell he put on you and make you a good sorceress again," says Wanda.
"How would I get my revenge with a potion like that?" Asks the dark sorceress.
"You wouldn't get any revenge with this potion, but you would be good again," explains
"I don't understand," admits the sorceress.
"Well," begins Lamda, "you used to be a good sorceress once, right? You would have understood just fine then, but now you're under some sort of spell that does not allow you to reason properly. I suggest you take the potion I recommend first before planning any plots of revenge."
"Yes, that is true," agrees the sorceress, "I remember being able to think clearly once not too long ago."
"And then a Papoose apprentice turned you into a dark witch, right?" she asks.
"Right?" Agrees the sorceress again.
"So then just take this potion and drink it and you'll be a good sorceress again," explains Lamda, offering a glass flask in her outstretched hand that she retrieved from under her cloak of invisibility.
"And then I'll get revenge?" Asks the sorceress, looking at Lamda's outstretched arm, but not taking the flask.
"Good sorceresses don't seek revenge, do they?" she asks.
"No, but I'm not a good sorceress right now, am I? I'm a dark witch thanks to Papoose," admits the sorceress.
"But you will be once you take this potion," explains Lamda again, signaling to the flask in her palm.
"But what about the other potion?" The sorceress asks, "the Papoose apprentice has to pay. He'll continue turning good sorceresses bad unless we do something. We must unite all the sorceresses and witches, good and bad, to join together and oppose Papoose once and for all. The time is now to confront this menage destroying the peace and harmony of the kingdom."
"Well that's very noble a gesture of you and also very hopeful," Lamda agrees, "but in life we have to learn to accept the good and learn from the bad rather than dwell in it. Don't you agree forest-dwelling sorceress?"
"I guess you're right," agrees the sorceress, taking the flask from Lamda. The sorceress drinks the contents of the flask. Her dark clothes brighten as the dust blows away in a gust of wind, revealing her good nature once again. "Oh my, I'm a good sorceress again. I can feel the change instantly."
"How do you feel?" she asks.
"I don't need revenge anymore. You were right Lamda." States the good sorceress.
"Then now is the time for you to make amends to those you harmed when you were cursed by Papoose with darkness."